Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dwell

Alan and I were looking at home magazines in Borders this evening. I love to peruse them for ideas. We’re actually planning on subscribing to one, but just can’t decide which magazine. Someday we will build a house (states) and/or own a flat (London). I think it's wise to keep a design file of what we like and would possibly copy (and what we can copy now).

Missy, I think the Dwell magazine would appeal to you. It covers modern design and architecture. We really liked it. Some of the homes looked like the one you linked to on your blog (like the one on the left).

Are there any home decorating/style magazines you guys like? Elle Decoration seems to be a good one. I also like to look through the niche magazines that cover kitchens, bathrooms or bedrooms.

6 comments:

  1. I also like Design Mom. Great link, Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lately, I'm loving a mix of modern and classics. Like clean lines and shapes but colorful and more traditional fabrics..in the same piece of furniture, for example. I can't wait until I can not only build/design a house for my family but furnish it exactly as I would like to. I like the Elle decorating magazine too. In the meantime, I'll just visit cool places and take notes.

    Note to self: remember how cool it would be to design and run a bed and breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your posting surge, Lindsey. I'm in a slump lately. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. I love that house on the left. I should subscribe. I would love to build a house like that someday.
    Design Mom is a great link. This is a good one too http://www.designsponge.blogspot.com/
    It's one of my daily check ups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun one too. http://www.dominomag.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Design Sponge is great. Thanks for the link. I am adding it my links on my blog. Domino looks good too...I'm going to explore that site now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...