Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gasp!

I'm trying really hard to think there was a better reason for why this mom did what she did today. But, I can't figure one out. And if you guys think of one, please let me know.

I was leaving Target this morning and as I was putting Avery into her carseat, a lady in the car next to me was strapping her maybe 3 year old into her's (BTW, she had the cute zebra print cover!). The lady was wearing a 4-5 month old in a Bjorn and I watched her as she got into the driver's seat. I thought, Weird, maybe she want to "undo" it in the front seat as it was starting to sprinkle.

But. But! Then, she started her ignition and drove off with the baby in the Bjorn! I didn't want to stare as I heard her start her car, but I did just to make sure that she was indeed still wearing him.

I'm appalled. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. That's horrible! I would even be tempted to call the police with a license plate. It's illegal...and so so unsafe for that baby. That mother has no right to take that initiative to not strap him in. (Well, I guess she has a "right" but it's not a just one.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is ridiculous. I don't care if her house was two blocks from Target, gambling the safety of your child... why would someone do that?

    Sometimes around the city, people will take a cab with their babies and not have a carseat...I couldn't even imagine...I would rather walk 100 miles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...