Friday, January 19, 2007

Lunch Today

I'm trying really hard to offer a variety of foods to Ave for lunch and dinner. I pretty much stick with oatmeal and a fruit for breakfast. But, I did get some blueberry mini-muffins at Trader Joe's that we loved as a side dish to that. Anyway, for lunch today I made her this...

avocado (we love it in our house)
a cereal bar (think Nutri-Grain, but no preservatives, 100% fruit inside and organic)
scrambled eggs (my pediatrician said to wait on giving her egg whites did just the yolk, mixed it with some shredded cheddar and some cottage cheese and scrambled it)
banana

First time giving her eggs and she seemed to like them. And it was a great finger food meal. Have either of you heard of not giving them tomatoes yet? Because of the acidity? I wasn't sure when it was ok.

2 comments:

  1. I was told no eggs until 1 year too...but Cole had them last night for dinner. And loved them.

    The main things we stay away from are honey, nuts, chocolate, and I was told wheat and strawberries...but he's had both of those without any reactions.

    I haven't heard anything about tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is what I just learned:
    Definite no-nos- Some foods are off-limits for all babies until they turn a year old. These include nuts and peanuts, chocolate, egg whites, honey, and cow's milk. The following foods might be okay during the last months of the first year, but some babies may be sensitive or allergic: wheat, citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, and strawberries.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...