Thursday, January 18, 2007

ten minute ravioli with tomato cream sauce:

This is one of my top five recipes. It's easy...but not so easy that is becomes a sketchy meal- quality being compromised. I like fresh. (Chopping the tomatoes can be a little time consuming. Pre-chopping and storing would make this meal a true 10-minute meal.)

9-0z fresh four-cheese ravioli
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 pounds ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup dry white wine (or apple or white grape juice)
1/3 cup whipping cream
2 T chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; saute 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and simmer until juicy, about 5 minutes. Stir in wine; simmer 3 minutes. Stir in cheese and cream. Turn off heat and season with salt and pepper. Place ravioli in serving bowl and spoon sauce over.

We love the meal with fresh bakery bread, salad and fresh fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Will you post more of these? I promise I won't comment on every post, but I had to on this one. I'm trying it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for posting recipes. I am new to the blog and am loving the variety of posts that apply to me. Always in the market for a fresh, flavorful recipe, I'm printing out all the ones you've posted here thus far.

    Keep 'em comin and again, danke!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...