Friday, February 9, 2007

Art


I would really like to spruce up Isobel’s room by adding a piece of art. I’d like to keep it simple and modern, but so that it's obviously her room (with or without a crib).

The only thing we have is her bedding (but it's pretty easy to match with, I think). We were moving right after she was born, so decorating her room wasn't in the cards. We'll be in this flat awhile so this room deserves some attention.

Right now a double size bed dominates her space, because her room also serves as our guest bedroom. Still, I want to make it her own and I think that starts with adding a piece of art and working around that addition.

The piece above, from Modern Tots, is my favorite so far. Another I like (I just don’t know how much) is below. It's from Habitat, which is one of my favorite home stores. I think the one from Modern Tots is my favorite though.



Any recommendations for places to find cool nursery art?

3 comments:

  1. I love art and think a home should have a little bit of tasteful art throughout each room.

    We got this http://www.michaelschwab.com/store/store_post003.html for Avery's room. The rocking chair is across from it and it hangs above her changing table and she stares at it still.

    I love both of your choices. I like the simplicity of the purple flowers, but the Habitat one's are great too simply to add some spunk and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole's walls are blank as well. I just haven't found the right thing yet. I like the Modern Tots piece the best. It seems like it good grow with her a little better than the one from Habitat. I'm all for simplicity. Your Michael Schwab one is great too, Missy. I remember seeing that in a couple of your posts.
    Hmm. I'm going to have to start looking around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both look cute to me. Our future nursery is also a guest room and will be for a while so it's already decorated with a favorite print of mine by Van Gogh that I bought last year at the Met. I guess that is a little adult for a child's nursery but my children will know their artists young! Once I do get preggers I plan on buying baby bedding that will go with the print... so I guess I started the other way around...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...