Sunday, February 18, 2007

belly blues.

I know this may be an issue unique to me, but I thought that I would come forward and say.. sometimes I want my belly back. I don't dwell on it (unless I'm taking a bath and my stomach pre-bath looks the same as my pruned fingers..) but it's a reality for me. I think carrying a larger than average baby 2 weeks over due just did it in. There's no going back to smooth or flat (naturally) because my skin is just plain stretched and my muscles are permanently separated. Luckily, I've never been fond of flaunting my body and consequently, I can guarantee that you will never have to count on seeing me in a spandex body suit or a bikini. That leaves me with having to find clothes that flatter my new body; my body that tells a story of...well, all that motherhood represents.

Here are some of my favorites (things I would really wear). I like them simple. That fits me the best. (There is one of everything. I'm ready for summer.. Can you tell?):

(bananarepublic.com)

(nordstrom.com)

(jcrew.com)

(anthropologie.com )

(jcrew.com)

(jcrew.com)

(jcrew.com)

(jcrew.com)

Of course, I like to set my style apart from any mall mannequin by adding unique jewelry, scarves, hats, and/or especially shoes. (I LOVE flea markets and new artists and European design.) Most of the time, though, I care less about upholding any latest and greatest trend, and put all focus towards comfort. Comfort and individuality.

4 comments:

  1. I love the striped Anthropologie shorts- they've had them for almost a year now (even carried them during the winter), but I haven't been able to get myself to spend $100 on shorts, though. We'll see- they're really cute. I, for one, have never been stick thin and appreciate some of the new trends right now- lot sof higher waists and longer tops that flatter my not-always-so-thin middle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelli. I'll be heading over to jcrew.com right after leaving a comment. And then Devin will be hearing, "Oh, will you come look at this? I love it!"

    You chose some great pieces. I love the JCrew dress and the skirt too. But, the shorts are great. Anthropologie has the best stuff. Did you get their recent catalog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jcrew. One of my faves, actually. I got a $148 skirt there last time I was in the US for just $30! I also particularly LOVE the striped shirt banana! So cute.

    I know what you are talking about with the tummy issues. I weigh less then before I was pregnant(thank you breastfeeding), but my stomach could use some serious toning...

    I'm ready for summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blue jcrew skirt too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...