Monday, February 19, 2007

Plump Your Pucker

is one of my favorite lip gloss lines. It's by The Balm, a makeup company based in San Francisco. My cousin works there and she introduced me to their line a few years ago.

Their lip gloss is supposed to make your lips look fuller and there is actually a tingling sensation when you first put it on. I'm not sure if my lips actually look fuller, but I do love the colors and their names are too cute.

I always have a Plump Your Pucker lip gloss in my bag.

My faves are:

water my melon (looks bright pink, but more of a shine).
razz my berry (berry/bronze color)
crush my grapes (darker berry)
squeeze my lemons (clear/shine)

I love reading the "about us" stories of companies - just to see how they started. The founder of The Balm began by purchasing how to make makeup books and started mixing in her kitchen.

Someday I want to start my own business...something from home, something I love...hmm.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good, Lindsey. I'm not much of a makeup person, but I LOVE lip gloss. It just about covers my makeup routine. So far, I've been a big fan of Lancome's Juicy Tubes as well as CO Bigelow's Mentha Lip Shine and Origin's Once Upon a Shine sheer lip gloss. I'll definitely have to try this out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lover of lip gloss too and this looks so fun. I'll have to try - the two that sound good to me are water my melon and squeeze my lemons. The names actually made me laugh out loud. What a creative marketing.

    My best friend got me on the CO Bigelow's lip creme too. And I can't stop putting it on throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I love reading the about us too. It's one of the first places I go to a new site.

    I've always wanted to open up a sandwich/internet cafe shop. I like making sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...