Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sleep

Remember how you both warned me that at 8-9 months your babies were having nap issues? Yeah. I think we are going through that. Isobel is really fighting her second nap and even going to bed. The fact that she stands up in her crib doesn’t help either. She is sleeping through the night most of the week. That makes me happy.

Anyway, the purpose of this blog? For me to state that it’s comforting to know other moms go through napping/sleeping issues too. It’s not the “misery loves company” comfort, but the “we’ll get through it" comfort. The "trust me, isobel - you'll be taking your second nap" comfort.

I read on Ask Moxie (thanks Missy) about it too.

“The "8-month sleep regression" (which for some babies is closer to a 9-month sleep regression) is related to the 37-week spurt. For some reason that one just seems to cause more waking, too, than some of the other spurts do. It might also be particularly hard because many babies are smack in the middle of working on crawling or walking, and also teething.”

She didn’t fight bedtime this evening. And she had two naps. Maybe we’re back on track? Oh, who knows...

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you know exactly what's going on, Lindsey! It helps to do your research and know that it just happens...and maybe there aren't always the magic solutions.

    I've read a lot about how...when babies are experiencing new exciting changes (walking, crawling, etc.) they have a hard time sleeping. Makes since.
    If it's the teeth, maybe the teething tablets Missy posted about would help? When we know Cole is teething, we give him Benadryl at night. It REALLY helps him calm down. (Recommended by the doctor.) If it's a long night with Cole (a LOT of wakesups), I've learned that bundling him helps too. Sounds strange, I know, but the old trick proves true.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe that the sleep regressions are true. You just have to live through them, I think.

    I've thought about buying the Wonder Weeks book that Moxie talks about, but she has so much darn good advice on her blog that I don't feel a need to.

    I think naps are tricky becuase even though they are tired, when they are learning so much stuff at once...sometimes their little minds can't settle down enough to sleep. Usually when we have a nap problem I put her to bed early (like 6 o'clock early since her normal bedtime is 6:30) and she crashes and sleeps through until 6:30 or like this morning (7:00).

    You never know, but we're here for you for sure! Kelli gives us the head's up usually first since Cole is the oldest, but you know...we're all going through it at the same time.

    I've been so busy these last couple days that I haven't had a chance to post. Lots of things going through my mind too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli! We posted at the same time. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the feedback. Thanks.

    Oh I meant "The purpose of this post.." not "purpose of this blog..." in the post. oops.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...