Sunday, March 4, 2007

all natural baby wash?


Water, Cocamidopropyl Betain, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-150 Distearate, Tetrasodim EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Citric Acid... are the ingredients listed on the back of Johnson's head-to-toe baby wash. This makes me a little nervous. Maybe I've trusted the "#1 Choice of Hospitals" logo just a little too much?? We haven't had any problems after using this on Cole (since day 1), but I only want pure and natural touching his skin. (And I haven't thought to look on the back of the container before recently..)

Any expertise? Knowledge?

It it worth paying for the Mustela or the newest trend in boutique baby wash? Or...is Cetaphil or Johnson & Johnson's Aveeno Baby going to do the same job? I couldn't find too many answers during my own research.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't done a TON of research. I know that Kiehl's is really good though.
    http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/catalog/category.aspx?CatCode=Axe_baby&TopCat=Axe_baby&

    I've heard Mustela, but haven't tried it. I've thought about that with Johnson's soap. Ave has sensitive skin so I use the Dreft and also Aquaphor lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only used mustela sun screen and it doesn't seem to irritate Makena's skin, and she has super sensitive skin. I know it is a really good product line though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would stay clear of Aveeno Baby. we had a really bad experience with it with a diaper rash. everytime we would use it we had a SCREAMING baby. then a situation arose where an adult used it for a simular reason (dont ask!)...we had a screaming adult. the light came on! other ointments werent getting screams. sense then i have stayed away from all Aveeno. not sure if they would get the same reaction, or have the same ingredient which caused the scream...but didnt want to try.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...