What picks you up during the day? I can't be the only one that has sluggish days every once in a while. I've realized that just getting outside can really brighten my mood. Specifically getting outside and NOT going on a run or getting a workout, but walking around the neighborhood holding my little girl and pointing to the birds in the sky.
BUT, what about you that can't get outdoors? Here are some things that we've done when it's "cold" for us...and I don't want to spend money.
1) Turn on some music and dance
2) Fill up the tub and play with different toys than "bedtime bath toys" ie: anything plastic that I can find in my kitchen
3) Build a fort (ok, Devin actually did this on a Saturday, but I watched and was happy to come in and see all the little things "they" built)
4) Bake cookies! And eat them!
5) Get really excited when Avery does something special...I've noticed that when I start clapping and exclaiming at little things I get more excited about the day as a whole
6) Blow bubbles...I'm usually just as amused watching them as she is
7) Head to the library or Barnes and Noble for storytime
8) Do some yoga poses - Avery actually laughed at me as I was doing them, watching me go up and down. She found it amusing, I guess!
9) Vacuum with baby in the Bjorn - I just did this the other week and although it was heavy and exhausting...I had fun because she was attached to me!
10) Make your husband a card and have it be "from" the baby. I stamped Avery's hand in an ink pad and then put together an "I Love You" card to Devin from her. She didn't particularly enjoy the inked hand (she doesn't seem to like stuff on her hands), but she liked watching me put together the card (and playing in the paper).
What do you do?