Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I love...

that motherhood brings women together. I know, it's an obvious statement, but it's an inherit quality in this new role I've take on that I love.

Do you ever share a brief smile with moms who are total strangers? A smile that needs no words, because you just know? I love that there's an unspoken bond between mothers that defies culture or language. Something I experience nearly every day and something that resonated a little more with me in Spain.

While all our situations and experiences may still vastly differ, we are connected by it all - the sleepless nights, the joys of a smile, the tantrums, the laughter, diaper explosions, first steps, cuddles, first words, labor, recovery, learning, teaching, unconditional and overpowering love...

I love being a woman and I love being a mother. And I just get so excited to welcome (and learn from) more women into the this sisterhood (especially friends and family).

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Motherhood is just so exciting, and it is really so great to be around other moms that feel the same way. I don't want to be negative, but there really is nothing worse than being around moms that complain a lot or seem unfulfilled with their role. It is especially great to have a blog with other moms who care so much about living life to the fullest, and helping their children do the same! You are a great mom! I can just tell by the things that you care about and do. Your little girl is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely put Lindsey. You are so right. I am so glad that we "met" and have this blog to bounce ideas off each other and share in the joys of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...