A few for me:
- A carrier (bjorn or sling)
- Burp cloths (stylish ones)
- Soft and simple clothes for the first couple months (comfort is key for them and easy accessibilty to change diapers for you)
- Playmat (I never had one, but my sister borrowed one and everytime we went there, Avery loved to just sit and look at the dangly items above)
- Binkies (nurses scared me about nipple confusion, but once we got Ave a bink, she did quite a bit better)
- Love these. Best things ever.
- New clothes for me (So sick of wearing pregnancy clothes and you just want to feel cute. I think next time I will buy a few lounge/lifestyle outfits for myself for post-partum era)
Those are just a few things. I'm sure I'll think of more. But, you know the beginning you don't need a ton of stuff. Just nice things to have ready when you bring the baby home before you feel ready to go out with him/her.