- invest in a least one good pair of jeans. it doesn't matter if you buy them at target, gap or nordstrom, just as long as they fit. so go try on a pair, or two, or even a whole pile of jeans. bring a friend, or grab a salesperson for advice - but find a pair that fits. & personally, i don't have problem spending a little extra money on the designer jeans, seeing as i practically live in them. but if you do some shopping around, (be sure to check nordstrom rack) your bound to find a good pair on sale. as for me... my current favorites are citizens of humanity. although, a "new-to me" brand, william rast, is up there too.
- no matter what any one tells you, t-shirts don't have to be boring. there are plenty of places to find cute, fun t-shirts... personlly i love target's xhilaration brand (THIS shirt is a particular favorite & at $12.99 it's a steal!), junk food clothing has some great retro-inspired shirts, or urban outfitters always has great basic & graphic tees.
- or, if you prefer plain t-shirts, two of my favorites are realitees... tight in all the right places & just the right length (i usually pick 'em up at nordstrom) & american apparel.
- the great thing about t-shirts is, it just takes a few accessories ( a cute necklace, or some big earrings, maybe a bangle or two), & immediately you have an outfit that looks great.
- heaven knows i love shoes, i've got a closet full of them. but, most days i end up wearing flip flops. lately, my favorites are the puma basics... they are soft & comfortable, & i can definitely go all day at disneyland in a pair. although i'm itching to pick up THESE cute "slippers" from sundance.
- somedays i don't have time to shower (gasp!), other days i'm just too incredibly lazy to blow dry my hair. so, i'm always on the look-out for cute hats to cover up with. some of my favorites i've found are from urban outfitters, roxy & free people. these days i'm lusting over several: HERE, HERE, & HERE.
- as for make-up, i'm definitely not a pro. so, i try to keep things simple & natural. my everyday favorites are: too faced lash injection (they call it lash extensions in a tube), benefit's benetint & rush hour, & smashbox's o-gloss for that perfectly customized lip color.