Thursday, May 20, 2010

update.

I've had some requests for an update, I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner, there is not a lot of leisure time (if any) and by the time you get back to your room at 7:30 you are ready to crash.



The days are all structured very similarly. On the first day they sent everyone on hikes and the guides evaluated the members that were hiking with them. You were then assigned a van based on your fitness level. We got the perfect group.

our hiking group

I have to say I am not a huge fan of hiking, but every day I love it! I can not even believe the things we have climbed. It is CRAZY! I have officially started looking forward to the hikes every morning.

at the top of the stair mistress

After you hike for 2.5+ hours, you return for your 300 calorie breakfast. The food has continued to be amazingly delicious, the presentation beautiful and 100% filling. There is no food I miss. Truly.

We have had multiple lectures and classes that are educational and beyond valuable. I feel so well educated. I never could have imagined I would learn so much in just four short days.

We typically have one class in the morning after breakfast and lecture. It could be circuit training, stretch, open gym etc.

We then head to lunch, 400 calories

After lunch there is usually another lecture or cooking demonstration

Then the fun begins. 3 hours of the trainers working you to death. Seriously. You are exhausted. They make sure it is fun and motivational and there hasn't been a class that I haven't given my all, all because of the amazing trainers. In the 3 hour block there is always a class in the pool, a class in the gym (with machines and equipment) and a class in the aerobics room.

After the three hours of intense classes is dinner and dessert, 500 calories.

Then a nutritionist comes in for an hour long lecture. She is extremely knowledgeable and so great.

Then you go to bed. Seriously. You are so tired.

Now, today something so exciting happened. I couldn't believe my eyes when at the end of our gym class the door swung open and there stood Tara from season 7 (she was in town for a speaking engagement and only here for an hour). My favorite biggest loser ever. I was freaking out. In this picture is Eric (winner of season 3), he is so nice and totally hilarious, also Tara, and the girl in the middle was the one Daris chose from the 5k in Dallas this season to come for a week. How cool is that. It totally made my week.


This has been one of the best weeks (so far) of my life. I have enjoyed every moment of it. If you have thought about coming here I would absolutely say, DO IT! You will not regret it. It is absolutely worth the investment in yourself.

10 comments:

  1. Tara has been my favorite too. I'm glad you get to be at amazing place and impressed that you can do all that you're doing on 1200 calories. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you go girl!! I can't wait to hear some stats :P...You are kicking butt and thanks for posting all this even though I know you are exhausted, in the best way possible. Now off to read it again haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow britt, i'm literally in tears! i already told jesse, i need to be there. i will be there, even if i have to sell a child or something (not really). love you and so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are loving the hikes, and you are learning so much!! I need to hear more about this food...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO awesome Brittany~ I am so freaking thrilled for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara was AHmazing - I was in awe of that girl every week - she just killed it! So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Wow. Wow. I would love to learn all that you are learning. I think you are right - it is so important to invest in yourself. Keep it up Brit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to spend a vacation. I love hiking and I've always wished I could afford an awesome personal trainer (and a chef too...ha!). :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. so amazing! i loved how tara won like every freaking challange on her season!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...