Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Theme Shower.


From the day I met Lauren, I knew I had to throw her a book-themed shower. She's in the process of trying to publish her first novel, and has had multiple pieces published in magazines and on websites. She's a beautiful writer and there is no one more fitting than Lauren to have a shower centered around books!

Before moving to Denver I co-hosted a similar shower but seeing as it wasn't hosted at my home, and not wanting to poke holes in someone else's ceiling, my flying book idea fell short. I was happy to sacrifice my own ceiling to have my dream of flying books become a reality :)



Stacks of cloth bound books and framed quotes from children's books were all over the house. We got The Little Prince for everyone to sign and send home for the baby. We thought it was fitting since it's a boy coming in after three girls!





 Papers for BOY book suggestions to help build a library for a little boy.


I found an Alternative Name game for children's books on pinterest. Things like 
Fedora wearing Feline
Evening Salutations to the Celestial Orb

were translated by guests into Cat in the Hat and Goodnight Moon.


Blank board books and sharpies were turned into personalized books for baby Gillespie. 
I think the final versions included
"Why the Y" (as in BYU)
"What Little Boys are Made Of"
"ABC's"
"Little Boy Advice"
"Feelings"
"What to Expect with Older Sisters"


The shower was in the morning so we had brunch type food. Each food had a book that matched..


The Stinky Cheeseman (Thanks Jenn!)



Pumpkin and Blueberry Muffins

 
Mini stacks of pancakes (If You Give a Pig a Pancake) were the cutest thing ever with Orange, Buttermilk and Strawberry Syrup
Mini Quiches - Green Eggs and Ham


Tomato Basil Tart.. SO amazing!


Fruit and doughnut hole skewers
yogurt parfaits - Fancy Nancy
lemon bites - Lemon the Duck

The cutlery


Instructions on the chalkboard


Pretty Flowers





Finally we had bookmarks hanging by the door for guests to take on their way out.

It was a fun shower, and I'm so thankful to all the people who helped out with food and lending books, etc. We couldn't have done it without them!

Now to sit back and wait to meet this sweet baby Boy. We can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...